Tuesday, October 09, 2007

At what age are you too old to pee your pants?!

So most of you that know me well, KNOW that I do not do scary movies. Never have...I'm just not good at them. I scream, I jump, and I have nightmares for weeks! You probably also know my 1 rule about watching a scary movie. If you somehow convince me to watch one with you, the rule is I get to not only sleep in your house for the next few nights (until I feel the Boogieman has moved on)...but in your room... in your bed...so that if the boogie man comes to get me, maybe he'll get you first!

I realize I'm 30 now, and should have outgrown this, but I'm a freak. I'm not afraid of the dark, most bugs, or even living by myself...but everyone else their weakness, right?! Some of my dear friends have doubted me and my simple little rule...until they made me watch a scary movie! I mean, I'm the dork that for an entire summer as a child, had a reoccuring nightmare that the Incredible Hulk was chasing me!

Anyway, last night, I went for a walk and stopped by my friend Joy's house on the way home, to pick up some new dog food for my pooches to try. Joy and some others were getting ready to watch a scary movie. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I decided to stay and join them. Of course, I screamed a couple times, hid behind a pillow, jumped, and had my heart racing through most of the movie. I don't even know the name of the movie, but it was scary! I am not just over-reacting here...it was really SCARY people!! So about halfway through the movie I realize...Holy shit! I WALKED over here! I'm gonna have to walk home...in the dark...with all the evil and scary creatures waiting to get me! (It's completely irrelevant that it's only about 4 blocks! It was DARK out there and the only thing I had to defend myself were the tiny fragments of karate class I could remember and my little ziploc bag of dog food!) So when the time came to leave, another friend offered me a ride...but I decided I didn't want to look like a big baby...so I said I thought I could make it. About halfway home, I wanted to call him and say, "I LIED! COME BACK AND GET ME!! THERE ARE TOO MANY SCARY NOISES AND SHADOWS OUT HERE! I THINK I'M GONNA DIE!!" I also wanted to run frantically, borrowing the Phoebe run all the way home...you know, to help ward of any stranger danger!

So I made it home hyperventilating just a touch, and then had to go through my house turning every light on to make sure there was no one lurking in the darkness...since I had left the front door unlocked. I let the dogs in, double checked the locks, double checked all the rooms, made my way downstairs to my bedroom, and made my dogs sleep next to me all night.

I'm happy to announce, I'm still alive this morning. There were no heinous crimes or strange mishaps overnight and the Boogieman went to someone elses house. Whew...I hope he stays there tonight too!

Please, don't ask me to watch a scary movie anytime soon. I think I've had my fill for another year or so!

5 comments:

KM said...

lol
i feel the same way sometimes. esp. with ghost stories and such. ill sleep with the light on.

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

ghost stories aren't that scary.

We should all get together and watch Rob Zombie's movies.

rubyslipperlady said...

I about wet MY pants reading this at the Java House. Dang. I can just see you doing the Phoebe run. Freakin' hilarious!

rubyslipperlady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUPER said...

Scary is bad. Ghost ARE scary. And Amy, do I need to send you some Depends?