Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Advice from Butzie

So while I was home this weekend, my family celebrated my 30th birthday early. The card from my parents had a list of "30 Top Pieces of Advice" my mom had written out. Thought I'd share them with you.

1. Go to church.
2. Keep daily communication with God and those you love.
3. Never eat yellow snow!
4. Don't sweat the small stuff.
5. Accept change.
6. Don't buy something for $50 and then sell it a garage sale for .50!
7. Water your grass.
8. Make your bed and the whole room looks better.
9. Check the air in your tires.
10. Never drink and drive.
11. Know when to hold 'em.
12. Know when to fold 'em.
13. Never count your money while your sitting at the table.
14. Be kind.
15. Share.
16. Clean up your own mess.
17. Help others.
18. Learn to listen.
19. Know when to walk away.
20. Know when to run.
21. Allow others to have a different opinion.
22. Always put the dogs out before you go to bed.
23. Thank others.
24. Share your artistic talents.
25. Appreciate.
26. Wear your good undies every day.
27. Accept responsibility.
28. Bloom where you're planted.
29. Eat your veggies.
30. Be patient!

I hope you all know Kenny Roger's song "The Gambler" or some of these won't have been near as funny to you!

7 comments:

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

"Wear your good undies every day"

I said undies the other day and someone made fun of me.

I'm still finding out that some words I grew up using aren't used by anyone else, like "nernies"

SUPER said...

Yeah...no one EVER knows what I'm talking about when I say nernie! ha Remember when my mom would name them...Like Ernie the Nernie, Bernie the Nernie, and his wife Fernie the Nernie! She is a fruit!

Anonymous said...

I would say your Mom is one smart cookie! I love these!

Jessica

David Cho said...

Yellow snow? Is this what I think it is...?

Very good list. Your mom rocks.

Happy BD, Ruby.

rubyslipperlady said...

Was it Ang or Kara that was afraid of Ernie Nernie? I think it was Ang.

Man, I laughed so hard I cried. Well, the tears are in part to being a bit homesick right now, too.

The Gambler. Dang, ya just can't lose with Kenny.

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

I think Angie. But I used to collect some and chase Kara with them, so she might be afraid of nernies in general.

SUPER said...

Why would you chase anyone with a nernie collection...you spaz! ha