Sunday, July 15, 2007

Africa Smafrica


So my sister, Amy, is moving to Africa tomorrow. I'm not too thrilled about it. She's excited though and feels it is what she is supposed to be doing. Hmmm...

She'll be there a year, maybe 2. The maybe 2 just makes me even more "not thrilled". Sigh. I'm a bad sister and a horrible person aren't I? I should be at least a little supportive I suppose. I just don't want to be. I want her to stay in the USA and preferrably Kansas.

Anyway, if you want to know more about why she is moving there, here is her new blog she has started for this particular journey. http://rubyslipperlady.wordpress.com/

Since there is no cell phone service there, she would love to read your comments. However, to leave a comment on her blog, you have to get a username and password...but you DON'T have to start your own blog.

Maybe I'll win the lottery and can go visit? Oh, and in case you were wondering, she will not be living in a hut in a village. (I was deeply saddened by this...I think she should!) The majority of the time, she'll be living in an apartment in a city...and will only be in the small villages about 30% of the time I think. Bummer, eh?

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Sorry you are going to have your sister so far away.

rubyslipperlady said...

I love you, Rubes! It was so good to talk with you tonight. I miss you much! Hugs and blessings!