Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wacky nonsense from my Vegas Vaca


Joy, Shavaun and I headed to Vegas on the 4th of July. One of Joy's brothers, Jay, got married on 07-07-07, so we had an excuse to go. (I was supposed to go the month prior with some college friends, but couldn't get off work).

First night there, some random man kisses me and then leaves the bar with his DAD! He was pretty good looking though (the guy, not the dad!) ha How did we not get a picture of THAT?!!
This picture was about 2 mintues before the incident occurred! ha


At the pool, I accidentally mistake an 8 foot drop off for what I thought was just another step down. Then after I quit choking on all the water I swallowed and could feel my toes again after they slammed into the side of the pool...I couldn't quit laughing and almost peed my pants, which would obviously have only made matters worse...much much worse!

We went to the wax museum and of course, took a bunch of stupid pictures. Here are just a few for your enjoyment.

Shavaun and Earnhardt....I hate NASCAR!


Joy with Agassi...Shavaun is cheering from the stadium seats set up behind him! HA!


Me with Siegfried, Roy, and one of the tigers. Rrrroarrr!


Joy touching "THE ROCK". She looks so shy! We know better!


Heff...look at Joy with her hand on his knee! Too funny!

I saw 2 famous people, which of course, no one else did and then didn't believe me! ha (We saw the soap star again the next day so I had proof). Eileen Davidson was the soap star and in the airport I saw Crystal Gayle!

Some strange man tried to abduct me on Freemont Street. He just grabbed my hand and started pulling me down the street. I'm like, "Ummmm, I don't THINK SO! I took karate fool!"

After a long HOT day, I stopped to get a drink at our hotel bar. About 3 hours later as were leaving again for the evening, I realized I had no wallet. Long story short, I had indeed left it at the bar and someone had actually turned it in to security...with everything still in it. The security man thought it was a riot and made fun of me. (We stayed at the Frontier which and it was only gonna be open one more week and then they will tear it down...sad...it's the first place in Vegas Elvis performed!)


I was given a new nickname by one of the other gals that had come for the wedding. Apparently my hot pink high heels made me look like a hooker, which she seemed to think are all named Candy. And because they were pink, she started referring to me as Cotton Candy..and then shortened to CC. It was entertaining.


So, even though it was 116 degrees every day we were there, we had a blast! Although the next trip...will be in the frickin winter please and thank you!

OH WAIT!!!! I must not forget to tell you about the Bikini Bull Riding. We stayed at the Frontier..which has the bar Gilly's. The night we went there we finally got a table and it was right next to the mechanical bull ring. Later that evening they were trying to get girls to enter the bikini bull riding contest to win $500. Now, I have actually rode a mechanical bull and have pictures for proof...quite frankly, I rocked! ha Still, there was no way in hell you'd get my ass in any kind of swimsuit to ride a bull that a bunch of other nasty half naked hookers had just rubbed their skanky germs all over. So a bit later the first girl comes out and is wearing Gilly's hot pants, and tiny shirt. We're like oh, she must work here and is gonna get the crowd revved up. She gets on the bull, but it goes real slow and she is gyrating with it. Next thing we know all she has on is the hotpants. I turned to the other 4 women at my table and said, "I don't think she works here, and this is NOT what I thought they meant by bikini bull riding". They all laughed and agreed. There were 2 other women that attempted to outdo the first. 2 of the 3 gals were so flat chested they might have actually been men with it tucked in..I'm really not sure! The other one, must have won this a few times and used her winnings to get a boob job. They were so fake she actually could move them up and down like male body builders do. It was so NOT RIGHT! All I could do was laugh and be thankful that: there were only 3 contestants so it ended quickly, mine are real, and I don't feel the need to bare them to the world for a little cash or any other reason! God is good. Amen.

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

4 comments:

KM said...

No fair.. I want to go somewhere fun. It looks like you girls rocked Las Vegas. Ooo.. I love those pink shoes.. and no their not hookerish.

KM said...

they're...
ahh.. my brain is on vacation.

SUPER said...

It's a blast...but DO NOT go in the summer. It would be way more fun if you weren't dying from the heat! We drank and drank, but never even came close to being intoxicated because the sun was sucking it out of us as fast as we were trying to rehydrate! ha

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

I don't like wax museums because once we went to one and there was a was figure the was moving mechanically. We stood around and tried to decide who was going to poke it, and then the man jumped off the platform was walked away. It was really, really scary.