Friday, January 23, 2009

Plans for 2009

So I'm a bit behind..but here's what I want out of this new year.

1. To travel a bit more. It doesn't have to be anywhere exotic (although that would be spiffy), but I'd just like to get out of Western Kansas a bit more often!

2. To start saving money again...My retirement portfolio is extremely pathetic and embarrassing!

3. Get a new computer (I realize this won't help me save- shut up! lol)...I've been saying I was gonna do this for a year or more..but I still have my redneck contraption...a laptop that I spilled a glass of water on..so now the keyboard doesn't work and I have to hook up a keyboard to it...and it's old as hell and SLOW as hell.

4. Be more open-minded...I think I am pretty good at this most of the time, but still...

5. To convince my sister, Amy (Angie will never cave), to move here at least for awhile. COME ON!!! It would be fun. I mean, I don't want to live WITH you...just in the same town!

6. Visit my Granny more. She has Alzheimer's, is pretty much blind, and is just getting older. It makes me sad to see her this way and it can be very frustrating too. But I love her and don't want to ever feel lonely either.

7. Be more creative. I've done a lot of home improvement stuff and craft stuff this year, but no scrapbooking, no sewing, and no songwriting. I miss those.

8. Get to bed at a decent hour more frequently...so I can get up and get my ass to the gym more frequently. I prefer to go in the mornings...but lately have been having to go after work..and then it's too packed, stinky, hot, and annoying.

9. Do something crazy. Skydive, get another tattoo, white water rafting...you get the picture.

10. Be a better friend. I said this last year too..and I don't think I'm a bad friend..I think sometimes it's just too easy to get sucked into your own world, your own problems, your own life...that you forget to ask about those around you, keep up to date, be a shoulder to lean on, etc.

11. Write a book. Yep, I don't know what about...but I think it could be entertaining and would also help with #7.

12. Work on my germaphobia-ness. Although, let's be real...I'm not sure there is anyone or anything that can help with this issue.

13. Try harder to think before I speak. In this aspect, I am apparently just like my dad and tell it like it is...whether anyone wants to hear it and whether it's harsh or not. I think it could be good to be able to have that type of honesty, but I need to reign it in and be able to put things a bit more delicately perhaps.

14. Make new friendships. You can never have too many compadres.

15. See my nephew as much as possible!!! He's adorable, I love him, I miss him, I think they should also move closer, and I want to continue being the fave aunt! ha

16. Focus on the positive. This could probably go hand in hand with #13.

17. Learn the words to Ditty by Paperboy and Informer by Snow. Come on..you know you've always wished you knew them too. Robin does! I hate her for it.

18. Be a great bridesmaid to my two very best friends!! I love them mucho!!

19. Spend more time outside. I hate being hot and I hate being cold. I also hate wind. So this could be a challenge. Hmmm, after reading this, perhaps I need to reread #16.

20. Be thankful...for everything and everyone surrounding me.

21. Eat more corn..cause I love it and it's tasty.

22. Sell my house and buy a new one.

23. Hire someone to scoop poop. ha I hate that chore..and I should do that today now that I think about it.

24. Make the beater last through the year (it would help if dad would stop backing up into it!) My poor black beast of a ride!

25. Recycle more.

I think that's a good list. We'll see. Happy Late New Year to everyone.

2 comments:

RJ Larese Casting said...

Hey Ruby,

This is kind of out-of-the-blue, but I'm working on casting a television show for a major women's network, about women with phobias. I came across your blog and was reading about you having a germ phobia. If you could email me at "RJLareseCasting@gmail.com", I could tell you more about the show and verify that this is all legitimate. Talk to you soon.

Best,
RJ Larese

RJ Larese Casting said...

Hey Ruby,

This is kind of out-of-the-blue, but I'm working on casting a television show for a major women's network, about women with phobias. I came across your blog and was reading about you having a germ phobia. If you could email me at "RJLareseCasting@gmail.com", I could tell you more about the show and verify that this is all legitimate. Talk to you soon.

Best,
RJ Larese