Friday, February 15, 2008

Dare to Dream???

I had a dream last week, as I often do, that was quite bizarre. For some reason I often have messed up dreams of mutilated babies and children or deformed ones with extra arms and stuff coming out of their foreheads. I'm assuming this is God's way of telling me, I'm weird enough and messed up enough on my own, I don't need to procreate. I have a dream like this usually once a month. It's been going on for years now. Although I certainly don't enjoy or appreciate it, I've grown somewhat accustom to the strangeness of it all.

Anyway, last week, I had a dream that was different. I was driving down a highway, but it was up high in the air. Similar to that of an overpass...but the entire highway was up, up and away. Not to out of the ordinary, perhaps. But the road was see-thru. The only sign that there was indeed a road was the yellow dotted center lines. There were buildings below, people milling around on their daily routines, and it was very hard to concentrate and focus on the driving and not falling on the invisible road I was traveling down. I don't know where I was heading or if it was important, I just know I was terrified of falling of the edge, hitting someone below, or the invisible road ending and me not realizing it, because...well, it was invisible to begin with. I was trying to watch for traffic on the same invisible road, but also birds and planes and shit in the air, and also was distracted by all the movement under the clear path I was on.

Does this seem odd to you? Does anyone else have random and crazy dreams? Do you read into them like I do? I see this dream as me feeling as though my life if heading down a path I'm unsure of, perhaps heading in a direction I should quickly change, but am too scared and paralyzed to attempt to alter the route. Hmmm.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

rubyslipperlady said...

you have a category called 'freaks my freak?'

you are a freak.

this seals the deal