Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rainy day blues

Rain. I hate it and love it all at the same time. I hate it because it's gloomy, cold, and makes me sad. I love it for quenching my lawn's thirst, making the flowers bloom, and smelling..well, like rain!

My Ode to Rain

Rain drops falling, like children on skates
The ground wet and muddy each morning I wake
The thunder and lightning frighten me so
I'm so sweet I might melt, oh where should I go?
The clock keeps ticking with each inch that falls
The crops are all happy, but I hate this y'all!
Rain is so wet, messy, and cold
I like things dry and clean...does that mean I'm getting old?
This is my ode to the rain I can't stand
Cause I'll take the rain's imperfections before those of a man!

And there ya have it folks...it's not as good as my Girl Scout Cookie poem...but it's hard to be perfect all the time! =)

6 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

What can I say. Mere words don't due this justice.

Kansas said...

You crack me up! Keep 'em coming!!

SUPER said...

Lyrical genius, wouldn't you say?! ha

David Cho said...

Beautiful.

Rain or no rain, we all get old :).

BTW, this blog isn't feeding to bloglines any more for some reason, which is why I missed your last two posts.

SUPER said...

Feeding to bloglines? I don't understand? I'm blog challenged apparently.

me said...

Ruthie Borden is the owner of the fart story and it's a turd rather than a train.

Love the yard and hope you are feeling better. Love, me