Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Don't moms think before they speak?

This is the statement my mother made to me yesterday:

"I think you should just ask someone to marry you. Because really, your internal clock is ticking. You're just going to wait until it's too late for you."

Yep...I'm not making it up. It's a depressing day when you realize your own mother has lost hope for you. I mean...she's the one that HAS to root for you no matter how bad you suck at something, for no other fact than you're her kid....right?! Apparently not once you are almost 30, not married, and not producing grandchildren.

OBVIOUSLY she doesn't realize that I'm already bitter, depressed, and angered with the knowledge that a week from today is the absolute worst and most idiotic holiday ever created! I'm sick of seeing all the hearts, flowers, and lovey-dovey crap plastered everywhere I turn. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! And seriously...it really sent me over the edge when the stores started putting it all out even before Christmas.


So apparently, at this moment, I don't know who I'm most disgusted with: my mom for not having faith in me, men in general for not loving and adoring me like they should be, myself for not being able to figure out and fix why those men aren't loving and adoring me like they should be, or the media/Hallmark/Wal-Mart for making the past month disgustingly pink and red and for making me want to hurl all over their pepto-bismal colored aisles!!!

13 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

This too shall pass.

Man, I'm getting great code words lately, here's another - zzcop.

Makes me giggle.

David Cho said...

Yes, it shall pass.

And whatever you do, do NOT do what that AstroNUT gal did.

rubyslipperlady said...

I concur!

That girl was spacey!

SUPER said...

Yes..it will pass...WHEN FEBRUARY IS OVER!!! And I'll never be as crazy at that lady! I promise!

David Cho said...

Please clarify.

Not "as crazy as" that lady. Fine. But that does not rule out "crazier."

SUPER said...

David...you are too funny. Okay let's backup, rewind, rephrase.

I will not do what the AstroNUT gal did! ha

Kansas said...

Wow. Those are some harsh words... but remember this. You are not alone my friend. Folks just seem to get married later on in life these days. I'm surrounded by 30-somethings out here that desire that special someone, but just haven't found them yet... maybe it has something to do with global warming... :-) Whatever it is... do NOT settle! I'd rather be single and enjoying freedom... than married with some "body" and feel trapped. God's got a plan... just let Him handle it. Ok... end of sermon. Love ya!!

David Cho said...

That is not very assuring either.

Not doing what Nutgal did could just mean that instead of driving from Houston to Orlando, you would drive from Goodland to Boston or something.

Friar Tuck said...

YOU ARE A CATCH AND YOU KNOW IT!!

SUPER said...

@Stacie- guys suck.
@David- you're killing me. I will not go off the deep end. (I'll only think about it!)
@Clint- then why have I not been caught?! ha

rubyslipperlady said...

I agree with Stacie - it must be global warming.

David Cho said...

I will not go off the deep end. (I'll only think about it!)

LOL!!!

Friar Tuck said...

Because you are holding out for the best.