Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sweet, tart, and rockin my world!

So, in my efforts to be more health concious and minimize the pain and fatigue that is caused by who knows what since the doctors can't figure it out...I've gotten serious again about working out and what I eat. Here's the thing, I actually do enjoy working out...it's GETTING my butt to the gym that takes some will power. There are just other things that seem more important sometimes. You know, like who is going to get kicked off of "Dancing with the Stars" or "American Idol", sleeping, playing with the dogs, hanging out with friends, etc...

Once I get there I am in the zone, completely focused on my music selection and getting my heart pumping. I love the elliptical, I can put up with the treadmill, and the bike is okay some days. I'm even giving in to the antiquated piece of crap weight room my gym has and just getting in there and doing what I can. Not only that but I'm running to and from the gym...granted...it's only 3 blocks! ha Working out is supposed to give you an adrenalin rush and boost your energy. For me, it makes my entire body hurt and makes me so tired I can barely stand. I actually almost fell asleep while RUNNING on the treadmill a couple weeks ago. Slightly dangerous. BUT...surely the current issues will get better with time and better overall health.

As for food...I've stocked my kitchen with buttloads of fruit: granny smith apples, bananas, strawberries, red grapes, and my favorite of all time...CLEMENTINES!!! If you have never had one, please...for the love of all this is right in this world...go buy some NOW! They truly rock the planet! I've also made myself use nuts or granola here and there. Not my fave...but whatever.

So...if I'm gonna give it a month..and I don't feel any better I've decided I'm going to boycott ALL doctors! I see the 2nd neurologist June 1st for a test for MS. Beyond that..I'm refusing to go if I see no improvements! There ya have it...clementines, gym, no doctors...sound like a grand plan to you?!

6 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

If the clemies won't work, nothing will

Kansas said...

granola + yogurt = yumminess!!

rubyslipperlady said...

Nothing with yogurt equals yumminess. nothing.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Super! Keep it up!!!

Jessica

SUPER said...

I agree..isn't it enough Stacie that I'm trying granola? Yogurt freaks me freak in a major fashion!

I'll stick with my clemies. I heart them something fierce!

Friar Tuck said...

What freaks you Thompson girls out about yogurt?