Wednesday, November 28, 2007

International Pancake Day Hall of Fame!!!

Okay, for those of you not from Liberal...we have the International Pancake Day race every year in February. I'm not going to go into the history or explanation of it...but they finally got a house at the end of the race line..and turned it into the Pancake Day Hall of Fame. My dad is on the board and since he's retired, is the guy in charge of giving tours. He sits down there several days a week and will give tours to others that call. Anyway, they have a new website that is awesome and the link at the bottom of this bulletin is to the page with a pic of my super cute pops!

Just wanted to share! So those that will be home for the holidays, if you haven't been down to check it out...you really should plan to do so. It's really neat and provides a lot of memorbilia and history for our event and the town of Liberal!

Side note- While I was home for Thanksgiving, I went down there with my dad and ended up getting the coolest candle ever from them. It has the pancake day logo on the jar and is made of soy...so it last longer AND get this...you can dip your fingers in it for a parafin wax treatment! How cool is that?! Oh and it smells like maple syrup and is to die for. I think they are like $12, but it so worth it. Would be a great stocking stuffer. They also have cheap t-shirts, postcards, caps, mugs, magnets, snowglobes, the International Pancake Day Pancake Batter Mix, etc...but the candle rocks!Okay, I'm done pimping Liberal, Pancake Day, the candle, and my dear old dad! ha Check out the website and go take a tour!Have a good one!!

Click this link to see my cute dad, the magnificent tour guide!

Click here for the Pancake Day home page !

Oh and did I mention that my non athletic butt has run in this race twice?! I'm so not a runner, but it was fun...and the 2nd year...I wasn't even dead last! LMAO!

7 comments:

KM said...

Hehe that's awesome.

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

You're a dork.
Dork n. One who farts in the bathtub and bites the bubbles.

That's right.

At Christmas we should call and schedule a tour under false names.

SUPER said...

Hmmm...well I don't do baths..only showers! And yes, that's a fantabulous idea for Christmas!! We should definitely do that!

David Cho said...

Sooooo will there be representatives from Korea to participate in this INTERNATIONAL pancake day hall of fame?

If not, I would like to fill in although I have never heard of Korean pancakes.

SUPER said...

Well, my little sister ran in the kids race when she was in elementary school. She got 2nd place too! Doubt that made the hall of fame though.

rubyslipperlady said...

I am sure that I've eaten Korean pancakes but they were nothing like American pancakes. hmmm, maybe I'm just crazy because I'm hungry and going for Japanese and Korean food for supper!

This is so great and I'm totally linking to it on both of my blogs.

Love it!

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

like kimchi pancakes?
pancakes made of cabbage?

Those are good.