Saturday, December 30, 2006

BLIZZARD....BRRRR!!!!!

Yesterday morning I woke up to our 2nd huge snowstorm in a week. Last week we had about 6-7 inches of snow. It took me 6.5 hours to get home for the holidays. It's normally a 3 hour drive. The snow from that storm was still lingering when this new blizzard hit. And trust me..it IS a blizzard. We are supposed to get 18-24 inches before it's over. Yesterday I scooped a path for my dogs about once every hour or so so they could get out and go to the bathroom. The city closed ALL streets, all highways are closed, as is the interstate. We are stuck in this frozen madness! I took these pictures earlier this morning. It's supposed to continue to snow until mid afternoon tomorrow. Isn't that special?!


This is my dogs running the path over to where they have designated the "Potty Place". It's under a tree, so there isn't much snow and they can actually move. Poor Josie, the snow is about 2.5-3 times as tall as her. She couldn't even get out until I shoveled the path.


The "Potty Place" is just to the left of the edge of this picture. Pretty impressive path I've shoveled, eh?!


This is my driveway. Thankfully, I made the scary drive to the store yesterday morning before while I could still get my car out. You couldn't tell if you were on the road or in someone's yard...everything is white and it's very disorienting...especially on the highway to the store.

Outside my front door. I have several huge trees in my front yard...so my front porch wasn't covered. The wind, however, built these lovely drifts everywhere. Oh...and the postal system lies. They don't deliver in any weather. I haven't had mail for 2 days.


This WAS a bush in my front yard...it's been overtaken by yet another snowdrift.


So I'm going crazy sitting in my house. I'm going to attempt to walk to a friends house tonight. I'll take my cell and call them before I leave...if I'm not there within a certain amount of time...they'll know to send out a search party! ha I think if I can just get out to the street...it won't be that bad. Wish me luck!

********
UPDATE:
This is how I finally got out of my garage and house on Sunday: a couple of my friends and all their buddies brought 2 snowblowers and a lot of shovels. It only took about 15 mintues to finish the job. It's good to have friends!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well ... did you make it back safely? Someone in Denver is selling snow on Ebay. Now why didn't you think of that? Great way to raise money for your organization ... ;)

David Cho said...

Well, are you still breathing? Hello!?!?!?

SUPER said...

@Jenna- I once thought about selling a tumbleweed on ebay. It was taller than me. I have a picture with it...it was in my front yard and I thought it was hysterical!

@David- still alive...and have been dug out! All roads in town are still only open to those with 4-wheel drive...which I do. So I'm good to go! I even dug some more paths in the back yard for the dogs so they can run and get some exercise. They're making me crazy!

Friar Tuck said...

I see you got a little bit of what passed through here

Anonymous said...

Shockingly, I saw a tumbleweed up the road HERE last week. (!) Surely, the end must be nigh ...