Thursday, July 31, 2008

Continual search for happiness

So, I quit my job a month ago. Since then, I've applied to many jobs. Some I was excited about, some I was not. I've got my hopes up about a few, and worried about a few. I've thought about having to pack up and move again and have been both excited and sad about the thought of that. I've thought about where I'd be willing to move, and where I would not. I've thought about what I really want to do...and after determining I just really don't WANT to work, my mother told me to snap out of it because that's not a possibility. Darn.

So, while I interview, wait, stew and fret, and continue applying, I've also been trying to stay busy and be creative. I've made many magnets and other items for my website business. I've searched for and am ready to try out many new patterns and ideas for projects. And I've tried being more proactive with advertising this little adventure..and have actually finally sold a few things online. I had sold a lot up to this point, but all to friends and family and friends of those individuals, etc. Nothing online. This is changing.

I'm thinking I should have also been using this free time the past month to work out a lot more and focus on getting healthy. I haven't take that opportunity and that ends...tomorrow! (Come on, I have a job interview in a bit...and then I'll need to destress from that by taking a nap or something!) ha

As I always do when I have this much spare time to ponder life and the point of it...I've questioned everything. Am I supposed to be in Goodland or is there somewhere else out there that is a better fit? If so, where is that? Am I supposed to be working with kids, non-profit, or something completely different? Am I seriously still single? Am I still wanting to work on my Master's? Why did I cut my hair and how fast will it grow back? Should I just put the house up for sale and see what happens and then worry about where to go after that? Is it ever going to cool back down outside? Is it fair that I only get to see my only nephew like twice a year? What IS the point to life and what point is there to me? Am I making a difference...to the world, to a cause, to anyone?

Hmmmm. I really need a job. Too much time on my hands is never a good idea! Maybe I should sell the house and everything I own and me and the doggies hit the open road?! Wonder how long I'd make it. Probably not long, it's hot, there are too many germies out there, and I like my own bed. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

5 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I could ask if there are any openings where my wife works

SUPER said...

Thanks..problem is I'd have to make at least what I was, plus more probably to be able to afford living there. Way more expensive than here! Although, I do love the Springs!

ryan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Let me just say: You and dogs on the open road? I'd watch that reality show! Start pitching to producers, baby ...

Kassia Phoy said...

I like your new hair!
I hope job hunting goes well and you find a job you like.

Pooey to the sucky economy.